Friday, June 3, 2011

Orange You Glad Its Summer?

What a blast this card was to make! The challenge over at the Do You Stack Up? blog is to use the color orange...and I just happen to have a son who loves that color...so I am definitely stocked up!

One of the sponsors of this challenge is Karen's Doodles and as I was wandering through the shop when I found this adorable monkey image...for free!!!

I'm catching up on some cards for birthdays...so that's what I made!

Photobucket

I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils and inked the edges of all the ivory cardstock with a Dew Drop ink pad. The patterned paper is from a K & Co. pack and I printed the sentiments on my computer. The ribbon is from The Paper Studio.

Another z-fold...this one is a bit different from the first, in that the 'folded' part is cut smaller and put on a base of flat cardstock...although I've seen it put on the front of a card as well...clever if you want more writing space!

Photobucket

I ended up putting some ribbon to the side, because I read my score-board incorrectly and scored the first line too soon. Instead of the z-fold being symmetrical it ended up uneven...but I decided that I liked it so just left it that way.

Photobucket

And like I wrote, I'm late sending it for a birthday...here's what I put inside...

Photobucket

Isn't this little monkey just the cutest? Click on over to Karen's Doodles to pick it up for yourself!

Photobucket

Enjoy,

Meredith

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. Love the folding. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really selling me on these z-folds! I've got to remember to make one soon. Great card Meredith--makes up for being late. Thanks for making time to play in our ORANGE challenge at Do You Stack Up? this week. Good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Karen Doodles and this little monkey is no exception. I have never seen this fold. I would love the dimensions on how to do. Thank you for dropping by my blog which allowed me to find your fun blog and see some very fun and different things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!