Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm a Guest Designer!

So, just a bit ago, I started participating in a new challenge at 3GirlJam, and the first time I entered my card was chosen a winner!

I received a lovely stamp set from Joy's Life Stamps, got to choose a bundle of ribbon from 3GirlJam...and got the chance to be a guest designer for the next challenge!

The challenge for this time is Anything Goes! The sponsor of the challenge is the Saturated Canary...wow, her designs are so creative! If you win, you will get Two digi's from the store! Lucky you!

I used the Up, Up, Away design...I could not resist those wonderful balloons and that sweetly mischievous expression!

I went with decorating a gift bag...printed the darling image twice on cardstock, colored the balloons on one and the girl on the other, then pop-dotted the fussy cut balloons on top, matted on contrast cardstock and added a stamped sentiment...then finished it all off with a cute little ribbon bow!



Supplies:

  • gift bag: Hobby Lobby
  • cardstock: pink(stash), white(Wausau)
  • image: Saturated Canary
  • stamp: StudioG
  • pencils: Prismacolor
  • ribbon: 3GirlJam

Here are some closer shots for you...this was so much fun to put together!

Here's the soft bow...I love this seam binding ribbon!



And the popped up balloons with the curled banner...just to add some more dimension...



And the entire image...doesn't her expression look a bit mischievous to you?



It doesn't look a bit like the 99 cent bag that I started with, does it?

The completed project is destined for my daughter...she is working hard at her first duty station in the Coast Guard and is passing off her training requirements quickly, and with great scores!


I hope that you have a chance to participate in the challenge...I'd love to see you play along!

Thanks for looking!

Meredith

1 comment:

  1. Super job (for you and your daughter). This bag is absolutely adorable.

    Cheri- 3 Girl JAM DT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!