Monday, April 22, 2013

Cascading card ~ Birthday Bouquet

My baby sis' birthday is next week, and I wanted to send her some flowers to brighten her day...but know that she doesn't care for fresh cut flowers, because they fade too soon. So after seeing some cascading cards around the net, I decided to send her a bouquet of handmade (mostly) flowers!



The flowers come from various swaps, and a few purchased ones that I've picked up from time to time...am I the only one who has a box full of flowers waiting to be used?




I used some stickers for the sentiments...this is my first time trying these and I found them to be a bit fiddly...but it would have been a bigger hassle to stamp on the card, since it is heavily textured cardstock.


My hope is that she will be able to set the card up someplace that she can see it and it makes her smile! I put a plain panel on the back to write a note to her, and I'll be mailing it in a clear plastic box to show off the flowers and keep it from being crushed.

I'm linking up over at:

Thanks for stopping by!

Meredith



1 comment:

  1. What beautiful flowers! So glad you shared at Cupcake Inspirations! Hope you'll join us again!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!