Thursday, December 29, 2016

Finished Projects: Made in 2016

Hello, hello! Welcome to the third and final post on my quilting adventures in 2016!

This post is dedicated to the finishes...and may I just tell you, I am so surprised with how many projects I actually finished this year!?! Granted, many of them are small...but I'll take what I can get!

I started the year by finishing a Christmas gift...tell me I'm not the only one? It's a simple pillow cover from a charm pack with some strait line quilting on each side of the seams.

Winter Pillow cover

Next isn't technically my finish, but I had a part in it, and I'm so darn proud of how it turned out! This is a New York Beauty quilt, Florida Keys style! I contributed two blocks. I don't personally have a picture of the finished quilt...but it is finished, and will be up for raffle at our guild show in February 2017.

Paradise Quilters Raffle Quilt

My husband had a coworker expecting their first grandchild, and he asked me if I could whip up a little gift...of course I could!

Hot Air Balloon baby quilt

We have dark leather furniture in the living room, and wanted to brighten up the look...quilted pillow covers to the rescue! On the right is the contact print pillow from Amanda at Crazy Mom Quilts, the second on the left is my original design.

Pillow covers for living room

And then, my crowning glory of the year...my very first commission quilt! You can read more about it here...and later on I made a pillow cover to match it!


WhatsNextMa: Improv Neutral Baby Quilt

WhatsNextMa: Improv Neutral Pillow Cover

My youngest (17) has discovered sailing since we moved to the Keys, and he loves, loves, loves walking to the sailing center after school to sail for a couple hours before it is time to come home. I made him a pillow to celebrate his new found hobby.

Sailboat pillow

For some more tropical color and brightness around the house, I made a quick batik table runner from a charm pack or two.

Batik table runner

And for Christmas sewing, I made a quick ornament from the tutorial by Amy at Diary of a Quilter. Too adorable!

Itty Bitty Tree Ornament

And just to round out the year...I made a pillow as a Christmas gift...only I actually finished it before Christmas, lol! This is for my youngest again...he loves penguins too!

Penguin Pillow

All in all, far more finishes than I would have originally thought! Now that I've looked at what I've accomplished, I get to plan on how to get things done in 2017!

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday!

Thanks for stopping by,

Meredith


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!